What did we discuss?
As a security leader, you will likely be required to present to a wide range of stakeholders, who often don’t have a technical background, to achieve buy-in and successfully deliver your security programme. Presenting cyber risk is a complex but unavoidable topic for the board, especially as cyber-attacks increase year-on-year, and it is understood that no business is safe from a potential breach. So how much information does the board need to know? And what are some effective strategies for communicating it effectively?
Key discussion points
- What is the role of the board in cyber risk?
- What information do you need to be communicating (and what not to)?
- Strategies for effective communications & achieving your goals.
- Final top tips from the panel.
- Sarah Armstrong Smith - Chief Security Advisor, Microsoft.
- Lee Whatford - Director of Cyber Security, Royal Mail.
- James Lyne - Founder, Secure Impact and CTO, SANS.
- Giorgia Cacace - General Manager, Secure Impact. (Moderator)